5.30.2016

Knockoff Peperoncini Dip Recipe


My friend recently introduced me to a nummy Peperoncini dip that I thought I may be able to reproduce without all of the weird ingredients on the lable. Out of over 18 ingredients I used half.


15 Peperoncini
3/4 cup  Cottage Cheese
3/4 cup Sour Cream
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp pepper 
1 T parsley
3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder

First de-stem all of the peppers. If seeds get into your dip, it's fine. Just adds more flavor. I mince them with these handy-dandy scissors I found found in a thrift store for only 99cents. They are for cutting up herbs but they evidently thought they were just for paper and so put them in the craft section.


Mincing and chopping takes a quarter of the time it used to. You can find them HERE on amazon for only $6 so treat yourselves!



Next I just dump in all the ingredients. None of them are set in stone. You can change how much pepper and garlic you include according to your personal taste.



Next; plate it up and serve with your favorite crackers. Mine are the gluten free sea salt crackers from Costco. We have two bags on hand at all times and I don't know what I'll do if they discontinue them.




or put in the food processor for a smooth, whipped consistency. The flavor only gets better with time so refrigerate for a few hours before serving if you can.  After a day in the fridge it will be super spicy.



Because this doesn't have any of the fancy preservatives on the original label, it is best you consume it within a few days.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment