5.07.2013

Climbing

 Sitting down and deciding what to paint is too hard. Lucky for me the weather is so nice and the garden so full of ideas!



Out my studio window is the round side yard wreathed in crabapple trees I told you about last week and posted a sketch about here. Tucked between two of these trees is a lovely arbor with an almost exotic vine I have no idea the name of. I snapped a few sun filled pics of the rich purple flower and went to work. 


Many times I jump right into a project and design as I go right there on my watercolor paper. This time I took the more responsible approach and created my outline on a separate sheet and when I was satisfied, transferred it over to it's final home. 

And here you have it. My printer is throwing fits but I should have it in the shop soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment